View Single Post
Old 03-13-2015, 01:36 PM   #1595
JohnnyFlake
Just an old Wiseguy!

First Name: John
Trading: (18)
HUpmann Army
JohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura aboutJohnnyFlake has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow Triathlete View Post
Agreed. Great stuff OHMatt

I discovered Black Maple Hill a few years ago in NJ of all places. I lucked into three bottles of it last year ($55 each) and I have about 1/3 of my last bottle left. With the price increase on these I don't think that I'm willing to pay a high price for a bourbon that they do not even put the age on the label. With that said, it is darn good so it might depend on the price that I see it at next. However, I have heard that because of the demand this might be a once-a-year release from now on and I'm not into jockeying for stuff like that.

I was up in Tarrytown, NY last week for work and the liquor store across the street from my hotel had a bottle of Pappy for the low, low price of $1000. I asked the guy how long they have had it and he said a long time. He said that everyone asks the price and then moves on. It's good but I can buy A LOT of good bourbon for $1000.
Totally Ridiculous!!!

I would not pay a dollar over MSRP, which is too much as it is. Hey, it's a great rye bourbon but it's not the Holy Grail. There are a lot of great rye bourbons out there!