Old 02-14-2020, 06:41 PM   #2
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Viaje Ghost Pepper

Glad you enjoyed it!! They normally come with a foil pig tail but they were causing some wrapper damage to adjacent cigars so the little tail went bye bye.

I really enjoy this batch of Ghost Pepper cigars a LOT more then the previous batch. This is the third generation you received and just as good as first generation.

I’m not sure I would buy more with so many good cigars out there but these fit a need for a short duration full flavor cigar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCRadioMan View Post
Another gifted cigar from Weelok.

Love the presentation on the smallish figurado. The top half is covered in red foil with the Ghost Pepper band. The dark brown wrapper of the cigar is a great contrast of colors.

This cigar is very well made and the dry draw is free as a straw and that's not all that common with figurados because of the small nipple foot. Upon lighting, there is a surprising sweet, creaminess with some pepper spice in the background. This cigar, to me, is fairly one dimensional, However, that is not necessarily a bad thing. The pepper kicks up a little above the sweetness as the cigar is smoked. But the creaminess is still there. A nice pepper-cream. Full bodied, medium strength that has a medium finish is how I would describe it.

Reminds me of a, well rested, Pepin Blue Label. I like it, very much!

Thanks again, Dave!