View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 09:00 AM   #3
stearns
Dogbert Consultant

First Name: Ben
Trading: (50)
RA
stearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to allstearns is a name known to all
Default Re: Smoking Gun Food Smoker

I'm really excited to play around, unfortunately I'm in the middle of packing up all my kitchen gadgets for the move so taking a new one out to play with probably isn't the best. It'll need to wait a week until I'm unpacking. I definitely see a lot of applications as a "smoker substitute" (which I'll mess around with since I'm still living the apartment life and don't have a smoker yet), but I can also see a lot of places where it has a different function. One thought is with cocktails, recently I was at a nice cocktail bar where they made a smoky drink but did so using a cedar plank and a blowtorch flipping the cup upside down on it, very cool tableside presentation but there wasn't really enough smoke to impart too much flavor. Also the website mentions burning other things, such as tea leaves or spices. I'll make sure to post updates as I go