View Single Post
Old 03-31-2013, 04:42 PM   #5594
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: First Firearm Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
Use caution, that shooting sport can be extremely addicting--and very expensive, if ya really get hooked. Only thing that's kept me out of it is the lack of courses within a short drive.

As to "how much" gun to buy for yourself right off the bat, get something that fits you well and operates reliably. Like any other type of firearm there's such a thing as going too cheap and winding up with something that breaks down with any serious amount of use. Takes the fun out of the whole day.

Sorry my advice is generic but the couple times I tried sporting clays it was with a decent O/U borrowed from a friend. Even with that limited experience I could tell the stock's dimensions weren't quite right for me, would have had to shop for something a little different than the one I used.
Thanks for the info Brian. From all the research I've done the last few days, people say to bypass the low end o/u and spend the little extra on a Browning Citori. Right now I don't have the minimum $1500+ to spend on one of those. And because I'd like to use it for more than just a target gun, I'm leaning towards a Weatherby or Mossberg semiauto.

And yes, it looks like it can get expensive. Like I don't have too many hobbies already draining my pocket book.