Thread: Foie Gras
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 01:20 PM   #51
goalie204
Have My Own Room

First Name: Myles
Trading: (12)
Bolivar
goalie204 will become famous soon enoughgoalie204 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Foie Gras

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickerb View Post
Well I have tons to say based on this, but I really don't want this thread to get out of hand and get away from topic.

I will say this though, one video, from one farm, does not set the tone for EVERY farm that produces this. Furthermore, I don't care what kind of species -sticking a metal tube close to a foot down the throat can not be pleasant by any means.

An for the sake of what? Something that tastes good and costs a lot? Give me a break.
the birds air pipe opens in the centre of their tongue, not their throat, when you put the tube down their throat, the tongue is out past that tube, they can have it their for hours and they can still breathe, and ducks have a tough lining in their throat so it doesn't hurt apparently!

How would you now whats pleasant and not pleasant for an animal thats got like a 2 foot long throat ? You have no idea, and i trust the doctor in that video more than your opinion based on nothing but emotion.

edit: also i found a post by someone who said their mother was back in france and asked a farmer if it hurts the ducks, and his answer was "i doubt it, they line up for it and seem to look forward to it"

edit2: sadly, inhumane treatment of animals is the norm, but the video i linked clearly there is no inhumane treatment
goalie204 is offline   Reply With Quote