View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 02:52 PM   #1
oooo35980
Feeling at Home

First Name: Isaiah
Trading: (3)
Montecristo Navy (Disabled Vet)
oooo35980 will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone live on Oahu and get cigars from the NEX?

So after looking around I have realized that there are some truly amazing deals (comparatively) at the navy package store. Cigar taxes are apparently high here, so out in town I have yet to find a humidor with ANY cigar less than $5.99 (excluding the little ones in tins of course), and that was the Diesel Unholy Cocktail. So pretty much take any cigar and double what it's worth, shipping all the way to the middle of the pacific ocean + high taxes I guess.

Anyways at the Package Store in the NEX there are cigars for closer to what I want to pay, unfortunately the humidor smells funky when I open it, so much so that I can still smell it on my clothes when I get back to the car. The smell is definitely Mildew, I don't know too much about cigars yet but I know Mildew when I smell it. Mildew happens when things get wet, but the 2 cigars I got out of the Humidors were super dry, so I'm not even sure what's going on inside those Humis and I'm afraid to buy some and try to rehydrate them because I'm afraid they'll taste like the Humidor smells. (Plus I haven't exactly met with great success in trying to get my humidor working.)

I'm pretty new to cigars so hell, as far as I know it might be normal for a humi to smell gross and the 3 or 4 other ones I've been in have just been exceptionally well kept. Is there anyone that lives on Oahu and goes there that can tell me if their humidor sucks or if I'm just overthinking it?
oooo35980 is offline   Reply With Quote