View Single Post
Old 12-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #21
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: Humidity Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfredo_buscatti View Post
I think silicone is a good idea, but my first idea in pursuing leaks would be to test the rim for a faulty seal. I hear this is done by sliding a dollar bill into every space along the rim, and if it can be inserted at a certain place(s), get some sort of blue tape and make a patch for that area only, moving to the next place for the next test? I'm not too familiar with this. Do I have it right?

But it would not seem that sealing every joint with silicone should be cost effective and would not take much time? Why not do both fixes right now, especially if I want the humidor right by 2015
I believe the procedure is that if you're going to use painters tape to snug the seal, it is generally done on the whole perimeter; I would imagine with a single, long piece so as to not leave seams in the seal. That and silicone on the joints shouldn't cost more than a few bucks and take, maybe, a half an hour.