View Single Post
Old 12-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #34
mariogolbee

Default Re: Super Bowl & Madonna...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Does anyone like Madonna anymore? I mean, I get it if you dug her back in the 80's/early 90's being the pop icon she was and all, but she hasn't been relevant in damn near 20 years (and like most pop, her music hasn't aged well).
I still love Madonna and she still happens to be my favorite all time performer. I'm sure most that are actually posting in this thread would disagree, but there are a lot of people who still love her music and it is quite relevant. After all, I still hear her on many a radio station, whether the songs be older or new. The videos themselves may be somewhat outdated, depending on the song, but the message in each song rings true. Most of her songs were about love and expression. I don't believe humans have lost emotion just yet. We're not talking about (mostly not) some silly dance or fad in her songs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14holestogie View Post
Remember back in the 80's when you said to yourself, "I'd tap that".
Now, not so much. I think body parts would be falling off.
I still would. Sexy is not just skin deep. It is also about drive and personality, among other attributes. Every woman ages. At least Madonna started out hot. Imagine what the girl in the cubicle next to you will look like at this age?
Quote:
Originally Posted by irratebass View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again AC/DC would be the best Superbowl halftime show ever.
AGREED!!!! AC/DC would put on a perfect show!

I wish I could go to this year's Super Bowl JUST to see Madonna. I've never seen her live and it is one of my wishes to do so. However, I'm sure all of the tickets are already sold out.