Volt
I'm nuts for the place

Trading: (19)
ERdM Navy (Retired)
Volt has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1st attempt at smoking/grilling ribs tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildBlueSooner View Post
I have just started grilling this year. I will try this method next weekend. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalMan View Post
This method sounds like it'll work. They won't dry out not being based but every 1.5 - 2 hrs?
This bbq link has my recipie and how I do both ribs and london broils. Thank you Emeril The bourbon sauce is outstanding!

As to the drying out... that is the purpose of the low heat. BBQing and grilling are 2 totally different techniques. Grilling = meat over the flames and high heat, BBQing = low heat and off to the side. The Pros actually do their ribs as much as 18 hours this way. The long time is more critical if you leave the membrane on the back side of the ribs (I do, I let the heat break it down).

Like I said, I like mine a little drier, but use the sauce in my link before and after for ribs when cooking for others. The thought of dumping commercial BBQ sauce on something I just spent rubbing and cooking for so long... just doesn't work.

Again, way too many ways to cook on the grill. Just try and see what works. For those coming to the NN Herf this weekend I am bringing a london broil to cook. 2 if more get on the list.