New Patriotic Dissenter

First Name: Troy
Trading: (2)
Partagas
tnip23 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanitariumite View Post

Went to the liquor store yesterday, and between the Woodford Reserve and the Bulleit I couldn't decide. I let the $8 difference in price dictate, so I grabbed the bottle of Bulleit. Luckily, at the register they had a few of the 50ml bottles of Woodford so I bought 2 of them. My roommmate grabbed a fifth of Fighting ****. After an extensive tasting ceremony, I've decided I like the Bulleit better with a coke, as it's got a bit more burn. The Woodford had a sweet character, and I thought I tasted some vanilla/caramel (Although with liquor I have virtually no palate. I'm not accustomed enough to the alcohol burn yet to detect more delicate flavors like I can with cigars). I've decided that Woodford Reserve has officially become my new sipping liquor (The only one, I might add, that isn't a tequila), but I didn't like it in the Coke, as the sweetness was lost in the mix. That fighting **** is some savage stuff. It had a serious burn, which I like for mixing in a coke. Next on my try list is Knob Creek, and when I sell my books back at the end of the quarter, I'll grab a bottle of Booker's to bring in the Winter break right. This is really cool, as I've never been a huge whiskey fan, but I'm really starting to enjoy this Bourbon game. Any other recommendations for sub $50 fifths worth trying?
I really like where your palate is headed. The woodford is a bourbon i would never mix, only sip. The bulleit is not bad for sipping, but not so good i wouldn't feel bad mixing it. Keep the fighting ck for giving to people who just want to get drunk. The knob creek and bookers are excellent to sip, just add one or two ice cubes to cut the high alcohol levels. you are on yet another wonderful slope.