Thread: 2009 NFL Draft
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2009, 04:25 PM   #45
GreekGodX
Opa!!

First Name: Christos
Trading: (82)
Montecristo
GreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of lightGreekGodX is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: 2009 NFL Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by 357 View Post
What about the Lions?

Stafford vs others can be argued, but an effin TE with the 20th overall pick? Name a TE taken in the first round other than maybe Gonzales or Winslow. Why wouldn't they take an OT or DE at this point? Both positions are huge holes in this team.

Then even after that mistake with their 3rd pick (first of the second round) they take a Safety from Western Michigan. No offense but they have 5 or more safeys on the roster, need a MLB, and both Mauluga and Lurinaitis (spelling) were both available. WTF???

Here's the details of how they squandered their picks:
Rd** Pk*(Ov)** Player Pos** School**
1* 1*(1)* Matthew Stafford* QB* Georgia*
1* 20*(20)* Brandon Pettigrew* TE* Oklahoma St.*
2* 1*(33)* Louis Delmas* S* W. Michigan*
3* 12*(76)* DeAndre Levy* LB* Wisconsin*
3* 18*(82)* Derrick Williams* WR* Penn St.*
4* 15*(115)* Sammie Lee Hill* DL* Stillman*
6* 19*(192)* Aaron Brown* RB* TCU*
7* 19*(228)* Lydon Murtha* OL* Nebraska*
7* 26*(235)* Zack Follett* LB* California*
7* 46*(255)* Dan Gronkowski* TE* Maryland*
You hit the nail right on the head with this statement. I could not agree more. As far as Pettigrew he was the 20th or better rated player overall in the draft. I don't like the pick at all but they got good value there.