DBall
Cigar Jesus

First Name: Dan
Trading: (46)
RyJ
DBall has disabled reputation
Default Re: DBall's Newb Blind Taste Test #5

smitty81 Cigar #10

I didn't get time to measure up stick #10 but if I were to guess, I'd say it was around 6" long and about a 42 Ga cigar.

There were no large veins in the wrapper and the cigar was rolled extremely tight. There is no sponginess in this cigar at all, in fact on one part of this cigar it's rock hard. This looks like a box pressed cigar.

I lit this baby up and took a draw, got nothing. It took my 2-3 hard draws to get anything out of this cigar. I could taste a mild caramel flavor (starting to see a pattern with these cigars).

I tried to work this cigar a bit to loosen it up but damn this thing was packed tight. I couldn't get it to loosen up so I just had to draw harder.

This was the absolute tightest cigar I have ever had without a doubt. I was wishing I had a draw tool right about now. Although I had to draw harder, the flavor did not get harsh. The flavor profile of this cigar remained the same through out. Just a nice caramel flavor.

After the cigar was about half done, the draw loosened up considerably. It still had a tight draw but it was better than what it was for sure. This cigar really reminds me of the first cigar we had in the BTT which was a Por Larranaga. The Por Larranga was hands down better though.

This cigar had good flavor but if it would have been a cigar I bought myself, I would have probably deemed it un-smokable. I really needed a draw tool to get this one smoking properly. Also, I had a TON of burn problems with this cigar. If I wasn't drawing on it about every minute or so, this thing would go out. This cigar was just a nightmare when it came to the draw and burn. I really had to babysit this one.

I gave it a 6/10.

Dan, I really appreciate the opportunity you gave me to do this. It has really opened my eyes when it comes to picking out flavors and just learning about cigars in general. This was an experience that I otherwise wouldn't of had a chance to try if it wasn't for your generosity. Also, as an added bonus, I got to try some CC's that I probably never would have had a chance to try. I really do appreciate this Dan.

Thank you!