View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 09:55 AM   #99
N2Advnture
www.Cigarmony.com

Trading: (43)
Partagas
N2Advnture has a spectacular aura aboutN2Advnture has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Colorado and other low humidit areas ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett C View Post
Hi all, A noob here and living in Colorado what suggestions do you have to keep a small (50ct) desktop and at about 65% humidity? I plan on keeping the desktop humi in the basement when the summer temps start spiking to try and maintain an environment below 70 degrees and being new, I'm not sure if I prefer a wetter or dryer stick yet but I think I might lean to something more in line with 65% vs 70%. How fast will a stick dry out once removed from the humidifier during the summer. I plan on using a travel case for the most part as it may be several hours before I get to smoke what I remove from the humidifier. Am I making this way more complicated than it needs to be?

Thanks for the help,
Brett
Hi Brett,

It has been my experience that as long as the travel humidor suits the number of sticks that you are carrying (ie 5 cigars in a 5 count and not 5 cigars in a 50 count travel humidor) and that the sticks are of the RH that you desire prior to putting them into the travel humidor, the travel humidor holds the RH fairly steady for a day or so (sometimes longer).

I hope this helps

~Mark
N2Advnture is offline   Reply With Quote