View Single Post
Old 04-04-2010, 02:43 PM   #8
akumushi
Habanos Apologist

Trading: (11)
LGC
akumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura aboutakumushi has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Diamond Crown Robusto # 5 (Aged)

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Intrigued by Clayton's review, I decided to smoke my DC Robusto today after brunch. I won't even try to compete with Clayton's exxcellent review, I will just post my quick thoughts.

Great draw and perfect burn on this cigar. Pretty mild and somewhat floral, although I didn't get that "weed" experience (and was a little disappointed I didn't...LOL!). Easy to snork and a floral profile, I probably enjoying this cigar because it was milder than a lot of the more recent NCs I have smoked, which can be hell on a nose-smoker.
Thank you Ryan for a cool and unique experience.
I wholeheartedly agree, the easiness in the nose was a big plus for me.
I'm not too surprised you didn't get the same "weed" experience as I did. It was a subtle thing that I wouldn't have picked up on if I hadn't been a stoner for a good 13 years before becoming a family man. It wasn't a swaggy weed flavor like from smoking some Mex in a joint or pipe, just the clean hoppy floral flavor you get from smoking chronic with a vaporizer, or some honest to God hashish. I think it had to do with the tar content in the wrapper. A few times when I was touching up the wrapper some black ooze bubbled up right on the edge between the ash and wrapper where the wrapper was black and burning. That combo of burning tar and floral aromas just said "weed" to me