borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: blind 10 spot review(s)

CIGAR #1

A toro sized cigar with a dark brown wrapper. Nicely constructed and heavy in the hand. Perfect draw. Pre-light draw is a faint grassy flavor.

First few draws are pure tobacco with earth and hay through the nose. "Strength" of the flavor is medium.

About 1" in...this cigar tastes OK. It's not objectionable but not wowing me either. Still a faint hay flavor in the nose, but mostly tobacco, earth, and a teeny bit of floral. The aroma coming rom the foot of the cigar is very earthy.

If I were forced to guess at this point, I would say that this is NOT a Rolando Reyes cigar. But I will smoke more before makng my final judgement. Right now I would guess that this cigar is Honduran, or contains quite a bit of Honduran tobacco.

About 2" the cigar is taking a turn for the worse. The dominant flavors are still there, but the finish has taken on a bitter flavor. Not bad enough to make me pitch the cigar, but enough that I would say I am not ENJOYING the cigar.

Halfway point...the flavor of this cigar is going back and forth between OK and bad between draws. Maybe it needs more humi time? It tastes like it has the potential to be a decent yard gar.

I am going to go ahead and make my determination now.

I would guess that cigar #1 is NOT a Rolando Reyes cigar.
borndead1 is offline   Reply With Quote