View Single Post
Old 02-22-2020, 01:12 PM   #755
Weelok
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: Dave
Trading: (21)
RA
Weelok has a spectacular aura aboutWeelok has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: pnoon's what cigar did you smoke today VII?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomeitsmybday View Post
@ Dave would you recommend the Blackbird?
I was not particularly impressed and say it’s an average but good cigar. For me, to buy again would be due to the price being too good to refuse.

It’s in the mix with a lot of good cigars that aren’t standouts in some palate light up event. I’ve read some reviews just now and the glowing praise seems out of place or grossly exaggerated compared to my experience.

The pepper is definitely present but I would say it’s the low end of medium / full and maybe I expected more.

One reviewer smoked it in the morning and that pretty much sums it up in my opinion as to it’s strength and body.

I need to smoke another and actually pay attention to it to give the cigar a fair shake.

In comparison, I smoked a 2016 L’Atelier SS torpedo (only smoke the SS as the non-SS is unremarkable) and a 2017 L’Atelier du Mission and both were great with the Mission being the better of the two and it was second in the rotation.

There are just too many good cigars so at some point, it’s just a matter of price. CigarFed has these at $8+ non-sale and I got them for $5. It’s a $5 cigar.