Thread: Adult Softball
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2011, 09:09 PM   #32
Stephen
Sultan of Cigars

First Name: Stephen
Location: Where the Pony Express began and Jesse James ended.
Trading: (18)
Stephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura aboutStephen has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Adult Softball

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiE View Post
I play 3 nights a week here in Miami. I play C, and D ball, which are very competitive leagues and tournaments. Shaved bats are a big problem down, to the point where if you arent using them, you arent competing! Our league fees for 10 games and playoffs are usually $500-$550. Tournaments are $250-$300, but most upper level teams have sponsors.
Shaved bats, heh. There's a team that we played several times that was sponsored by an auto body collision repair shop. Anyways, the team had a collection of Miken Ultra II's, Miken Freaks, Easton Z-Core Titanium Senior League, etc. and they'd give them to this shop and have them strip them down to the metal and repaint them to replicate Miken Freak 98's and Easton Synergy's, complete with authentic decals.

I had a teammate who acquired a shaved Miken Recoil that I tried out once just to see what the big deal was. I didn't like it, but probably had a lot to do with the flex handle.

Myself, I rolled my bats. When I quit playing I had three bats in my bag; the original Rip-It Reaper ASA (could drop serious bombs with this bat), Easton Synergy Extended SCX3 and a Easton SCN9 Stealth. Got the Stealth by trading a Worth JH Mutant 98, cause I just couldn't stand the flex handle.
Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote