Admiral Douchebag

First Name: Tom
Trading: (60)
HUpmann
icehog3 has disabled reputation
Default Re: The Bourbon Thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
Had a pour of EH Taylor SB back to back with Eagle Rare the other night, really helped highlight the differences. Both were great but I think if I had to pick one it'd be the Taylor. At some point I'd like to review my open bottles before they turn into empty bottles, but I suck at reviewing
I agree that Taylor trumps Eagle Rare (for my palate), and disagree that you suck at reviewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns
So many good options, other than the ones that Tom said I'd look into Evan Williams Bottled in Bond (<$20 and delicious), Makers 46, Buffalo Trace, or if you can find it any Weller expressions (the green label, "Special Reserve" or "SR" is fantastic and $20 for a 750 msrp). You're already onto Elijah Craig, if you like that try to find a bottle of their barrel proof releases, they come out 3 times a year but are all great, although that may get you up closer to the $60 range (and may be higher ABV than you're looking for). If you're feeling rye, give Old Forester Rye or Rittenhouse a try, they're both great and under $30.
Good suggestions, Ben, though where one lives will play heavily on the price of the Weller SR. Especially love the Elijah Craig Barrel Proof if you're willing to spend up, the last two releases I have are amazing (C919 & A120). I saw the C520 has started popping up, it's about 4.5% lower on the ABV.

Thanks Dave, Julian, James, Kelly, Peter, Gerry, Dave, Mo, Frank, Týr and Mr. Mark!
icehog3 is offline   Reply With Quote