View Single Post
Old 10-07-2014, 07:54 PM   #60
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Cutting the Cable/Satellite Cord

I just cut the cable last month. I was at 186 a month for internet and cable and I realized all I did was put reruns on in the background when I was home reading or working. I really don't watch that much t.v., literally 90% was just reruns of crap.

I kept the internet, I have the super duper internet it's 75 bucks a month or so, when I called to cancel they basically turned off my DVR but I get basic / local cable and my same internet for 71 a month, saved 4 extra dollars and still get the standard definition local channels. I signed up for Netflix and torrent a few newer movies, I suppose I'll look at amazon prime as well, but I'm set for now, saving 100 bucks a month is always nice.

Another bonus is it forces you to watch other things, I have never seen Doctor Who until a couple weeks ago and have already burned through 6 1/2 seasons of it and am addicted, I've also re-watched all of Black Adder and Fawlty Towers, I'd rather watch those reruns than the crap they show on network t.v.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote