View Single Post
Old 11-25-2013, 08:13 AM   #11
czerbe
Just a Traveling Man

First Name: Corey
Trading: (2)
Partagas
czerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura aboutczerbe has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: A quick reminder

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
I knew I had posted something like this in the past. I did not have the same conversation, but...

Last year I had someone lose their spouse of 52 years two weeks after Thanksgiving. Spoke with them just yesterday, and we will be getting together again a few times in the next few weeks. They were teary-eyed and wondering how they're going to get through the "Holidays" without their loved one, it just isn't imaginable, especially since they died so close to them.

Friends, every year this season raises problems in the lives of people. If you can pass this thought around, pray for people and keep eyes open. Between Thanksgiving and Christmas, more people commit suicide than all the other months of the year combined. Prayers to strengthen all people. Eyes open to see those who are hurting and suffering because of so many different things - loved ones not with them this year, things are fiscally tight and they cannot do what is "expected" (expectations are usually placed on them by themselves, not by others), and a multitude of pressures.

I just wanted to pass on this reminder.

I wish I could see the hurt in all that are hurting, but so often it is hidden from pastors, sometimes when I do find out, I ask why they hid it from me. "We know you are busy, pastor, even more so this time of year."

My friends, you need to be the eyes of the clergy and mental health professionals to get people the help they need. So many want to tough it out, or even worse, solve their problems themselves - and sometimes the results can be catastrophic to themselves and others around them.

Just a public service reminder.

And if you are in such a situation or mood, please find a friend, a pastor, or mental health care professional. Do not carry the burden alone. And yes, there are those who care about you.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Todd

Todd you are an amazing person. I wish everybody was as thoughtful and caring as you... Please everybody reach out to those who need you today... Well said Todd