NCRadioMan
Chutney Lovebusciut

First Name: Chutney
Trading: (66)
RG
NCRadioMan has disabled reputation
Default Re: Official MMA Thread

Dan Henderson signs with Strikeforce

Free agent Dan Henderson has officially signed to Stikeforce, the UFC's rival promotion, said Ariel Helwani of MMA.Fanhouse.com.

It has been reported that Henderson has signed a multi-fight agreement with Strikeforce, however, a date and opponent for his debut have not yet been named.

For a few months, Henderson had been a free agent after his contract with the UFC ran out. He and UFC President Dana White were looking to renew his contract so that he could continue fighting with the organization, but they never reached an agreement.

The main source of their problems was, reportedly, the amount of money that Henderson was asking for. White recently said that Henderson's payment idea stemmed from his knowledge of how much fellow UFC fighter Tito Ortiz was getting pair.

"I'm just hoping to get out there and fight again and get paid what I would like the get paid," Henderson told MMA.Fanhouse at a recent Strikeforce event. "I'm not asking to be the top-paid guy out there at all... It's a little step up from my last pay check, but a lot less than a lot of other guys are getting paid."

Henderson's last UFC fight was at UFC 100 in July, where he defeated Michael Bisping by second-round KO in a middleweight fight. Before the bout, White had promised that the winner of the fight would get a title shot against champion Anderson Silva. However, after the fight, White changed his mind.

A title shot promise was later given to Nate Marquardt in August. After White recanted again, a match up between Henderson and Marquardt was put into place, however, Henderson was not contracted by the UFC and could not take the fight. A title shot was then given to Vitor Belfort.