View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 11:17 AM   #8
Havanaaddict
Man in Black!!!

Trading: (1)
Havanaaddict will become famous soon enoughHavanaaddict will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Has anyone done this to one of their lighters?

I have found that if you want to get all the fuel into a St. Dupont ligne I, II or gatsby (and at $8 to $9 bucks a pop) you will need to keep refill in your hand for a few min. and the lighter in the freezer for a min. I have been doing this for 8 or 9 years and it work every time and the lighter is 100%.

This is from the S.T. Dupont website.

For the 1, 2 and GATSBY lines: Drain the reservoir by pushing down the top of the valve (using a pencil). Refilling is achieved through the difference in pressure, so warm the refill in your hand but keep the lighter far away from any heat source (the temperature difference enables you to control the refilling process). Gently screw the refill in fully. The transparent part of the refill enables you to control the refilling process.

I would not go through all this trouble with a reg lighter and a large can of fluid.