View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 08:31 AM   #34
Devanmc
Have My Own Room

First Name: Devan
Trading: (40)
RyJ Army (Disabled Vet)
Devanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the roughDevanmc is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: any recommendations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drez View Post
I'm with Peter on this one I have a 100ct and 50ct both cheap humidors and both have been rock solid for over 2 years with zero problems. In fact I keep most of my HTF/LE stuff in the 100 ct cause it's never given me a problem.

I also have a cooler and 2 wine fridges and while those are awesome both for size and price my desktops have been very good to me.

I agree that with everything even a vino or cooler there will be / can be lemons. Maybe the element quits on the the vino or the cooler doesn't seal great it's just a gamble you really have to take and if it's not working then you have to send it back.

I would love a custom humi for display and maybe one day when I have the cash to spare I will buy one to replace my current desktops but really until those fail me I don't really have a reason to replace them.

That's just my input. No need to scare a few new guys away from a cheap humi just because a few people had a bad apple. Hell look at cigars that cost a pretty penny and some people love them but there will always be that person who had a bad experience with it. Remember for a few negative reviews there can always be many many more positive ones that were never writen or shared.
I dont want to scare him but i guess IMO when buying a product. if the price seems to good compared to other products. it probly is and is lacking in someway. mine was the fact that is was made with some sort of MDF and only thinly lined with cedar.

I have no problem with a desktop. If i had my own place id like to have one on display. But thats for a later time.