Snake Hips
Götterdämmerung

First Name: Tyler
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
Snake Hips will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fa

Old Farts:

Is there a way to increase the flavor of pipe tobaccos? I want to get into pipe smoking, because I love the tradition, the ritual of preparing and keeping up a pipe, and particularly the feel of the actual smoking of it, but I've noticed that I can't really taste it. I went to the B&M yesterday because it's Pipe Week and they had a bunch of tobaccos for sample, and I must have gone through dozens, both tinned and house blends. It tastes like water, with a hint of general flavor on the nose exhale. From pure Virginia aromatic to the heftiest perique and latakia blends (Irish Flake was supposed to be pretty...robust...and it definitely was, but still didn't taste).

I found just three which I liked (all house blends, believe it or not - "Proper English," "Night Cap" and "Champagne"), but they still aren't all that flavorful. They just happened to taste more at all than the rest. I got the Night Cap and I enjoy the flavor a lot, but I wish there was just more of it. Do I need to quit cigars for a bit before the flavors of the gentler pipe tobaccos "pop?" Thanks guys.
Snake Hips is offline   Reply With Quote