Old 11-11-2008, 09:50 PM   #35
OHMatt
Klugs gave me Gurkas

First Name: Matt
Trading: (2)
HdM
OHMatt will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cheap Smoke Thread

Bad news but a good deal; Holts is now closing out their Boardwalk house brand. I suspect this price will stick until they are gone, $40 any size including the 7"x60 jawbreaker. This cigar was mentioned many times by myself and others in the CSTCST (Club Stogie TXMatt's Cheap Smoke Thread). If you haven't tried it yet get a box to try now so you have time to order more before they are gone...

While we are talking Holt's, their #35 house blend is also on sale for $25 a bundle. This is a pretty standard Corojo wrapped Nicaraguan puro. I would guess Tropical makes it for them but I have not investigated that assumption beyond tasting the cigar. Burn can be bad at times, not CFO bad but TT bad; if you dry box them for a couple of days the wrappers will burn. The flavor is worth the couple of touch ups IMHO..

Finally another Holt's cheapie; the Padilla Habano Torpedos are $30/10. There aren't many cigars for $3 as fine as these.

I will scout other etailers for deals in coming days, as Holt's still isn't paying me for the business I send their way.......
OHMatt is offline   Reply With Quote