View Single Post
Old 01-25-2011, 08:14 AM   #4
cmitch
Heads up get down

First Name: Clayton
Trading: (25)
Montecristo
cmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nicecmitch is just really nice
Default Re: Rant: Cigar Bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner123 View Post
Or just carry around really good cheap cigars.
Good cheap cigars is an oxymoron.

I had noticed that when I started hanging out at the local B&M, I never was offered a stick to try. I just rummaged through the humidor and tried several sticks on my money and have settled on some good smokes. I still go out and try new ones and I find it educational to do so. I've only laid two cigars down, the first was the rot gut Acid blondie and the other was a Turano Virtuoso.

Now, I find myself not only sharing with others, but others sharing good sticks with me. No one has ever given me a stick and said, "Hey, this is a great stick you need to try" while snickering under their breath that they just gave me a dog turd. It's an unwritten rule of respect. Don't give anything to anybody you wouldn't smoke yourself.

So, when I feel that a person has developed a palate that deserves some tasty new tries, then I'll share. But the one and only time I shared a cigar with an unexperienced smoker, he laid the $9 stick in the ash tray and left it.