View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 09:20 AM   #3
Footbag
I Need My Space

First Name: Adam
Trading: (7)
Partagas
Footbag will become famous soon enoughFootbag will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Cigar Tasting... Wish I was there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stearns View Post
I forget exactly who, but years ago somebody brought a "tasting kit" (don't know what to call it) to Shack that had all of the different tobaccos that were included in the DE undercrown, each tobacco type was rolled into their own individual cigars, so if the undercrown was a mix of maybe 5 types of tobacco, and this came with 5 cigars each rolled with just one type. These were very ugly, since most were intended as binder or filler but were now being used for everything, but it was really cool. Those all came in one pack with a finished product undercrown, and you smoked all together to try to see where each of the characteristics of the final product came from. Don't know how much insight I personally gained, especially since it was in the middle of a dozen cigars that day, but a very cool process.

Not exactly the same as the one you linked, which would be awesome to experience as well, but it's similar. I also have another similar little tasting kit, I'll try to post a picture when I get home later on, that has cigarillos each rolled exclusively with different leaves from the plant. I found it when I started working at a cigar shop about 7 years ago and they were quite old at that point, so I don't know if it would taste like anything now, but I thought it was cool so I grabbed one
Interesting. I'd love one of those. I just Googled and found the La Aurora Tasting Kit. Of course, I don't see anywhere that sells it. Maybe I'll do some E-Mailing. That's exactly what I was looking for and more.
Footbag is offline   Reply With Quote