Thread: Sous vide
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2017, 08:57 AM   #421
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sous vide

Did a belated Valentine's dinner on Saturday for my wife and another couple....went with an "old School Steakhouse" menu theme...Frank Sinatra in the background....Gin martini's and bourbon for me and my buddy, the girls had champagne...."Filet Oscar" topped with lump crab meat and Bearnaise, asparagus, and "Potato Dauphine" which I cut into a heart shape....started with shrimp cocktail, followed by a classic wedge salad with a buttermilk/blue cheese dressing and candied bacon....Steaks were beautiful 8-9 oz, did sous vide at 129* for about 2 1/2 hours, bagged with smashed garlic and tarragon, then seared over a ripping hot cast iron pan (warm out so was able to use side burner on grill w/out the worry of smoking up kitchen)....meat was perfect with a nice sear...also did the shrimp sous vide at 135* for about 45 min, shell on, tossed with some baking soda and salt before bagging, peeled then chilled...came out really plump....

silicone bands to help hold shape...

My homage to St. Peter....

Love these wedge ice glasses...