View Single Post
Old 01-05-2016, 10:55 PM   #2585
JonnyThunder
Just in from the Storm

Trading: (0)
JonnyThunder is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Beginner Questions (Ask Them Here!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
Is the expert smoking Gurkhas? The cognac infused ones in the glass tubes with the wax seals are the only ones that I've consistently heard of burn problems with and it seems to be because the cigars are packed too moist and then sealed up. No air exchange happens at all so the cigar stays overhumidifed until it's opened and smoked. The people who I knew who had the burn issues with the tubed Gurkhas started pulling them out of the tubes a few days early and dryboxing them, once they did that, the burn issues went away, so that definitely points to humidity/moisture.

This is not an exclusive problem and could happen with any cigar, boxed, bundled, loose or tubed.
So you are saying tubed cigars are okay? My go to cigars at the moment are tubed Ashtons. What are those tubes all about? So far I've found them useful for putting cigars out for saving, if one must be saved. Depriving the cigar of oxygen with the closed tube seems to produce a bit of moisture in it from the heat of the ember. I open it after the cigar goes out to blow the smoke out, then recap for saving. I don't save them for very long though. They usually get smoked the next day. I know cigars aren't generally saved for later after being lit, but this method seems to work relatively well.

I don't have a comfortable setup for smoking cigars. I prefer to smoke only half, sometimes less. This is why I gravitated towards tubed cigars. It contains the cigar quickly, even if it's lit, with no smell.

Last edited by JonnyThunder; 01-05-2016 at 11:07 PM.
JonnyThunder is offline   Reply With Quote