borndead1
Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla

First Name: Mark
Trading: (7)
Partagas
borndead1 has a spectacular aura aboutborndead1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Lancero love

Protocol Blue Lancero (7.5' x 38)

Scored these as a blind buy from the Famous auction site, $58 for a box of 10. These cigars are made at the La Zona factory (Erik Espinosa).

First few draws...VERY full flavored, or 'strong' through the nose. A little harsh, honestly.

About 1" in...the 'strength' has subsided; a little sweetness on the draw. Pretty typical full flavored Nicaraguan Habano wrap flavors (y'all know what I'm talking about). Nice flavor and aroma through the nose. As I sit typing with the cigar between my teeth, the aroma from the foot is very nice. Good burn and draw with only 1 small burn correction.

About halfway...pretty similar flavors. The sweetness on the draw has become stronger; I can even taste it on the nose exhale. One more small burn correction.

A little past halfway...it could be the wine I'm drinking with this cigar that is affecting my palate, but that sweetness is REALLY there. I am digging this cigar so far. A little bit of anise has come in on the finish. Anise is a flavor that I like as an accent flavor, but I don't like it as a dominant flavor (black licorice is nasty as f**k). Another observation: this cigar is a slow burner. I lit this puppy almost an hour ago and I'm barely past the halfway point.

Toward the end...the dominant flavors of sweetness and anise have faded away, leaving a plain old CIGAR flavor. I'm not complaining. Let 'er die at around 1.5".

Final thoughts...I really enjoyed this lancero. I'm impressed at the fact that there were no weird ammonia/chemical flavors toward the end of the cigar (again, y'all know what I'm talking about). And at under $6/stick at auction prices, I can see myself buying several boxes of these babies.