Thread: Lancero love
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2019, 01:58 AM   #13
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Re: Lancero love

Quote:
Originally Posted by borndead1 View Post
Rocky Patel Sungrown maduro lancero (7.5" x 38)

I stopped buying RP stuff a few years ago after too many bad experiences (poor construction, inconsistent blends). But I took a gamble that the smaller production lines might have fewer quality issues and grabbed a couple of singles.

Nice looking wrapper with a distinct floral scent. Heavy in the hand, draw is a little tight but not too bad.

The floral flavor stays present throughout most of the cigar, with a nice tangy flavor on the finish at first, then a cocoa flavor after the halfway point. Slow burn with only a couple of minor corrections. A nice smoke. Impressive, even. I may have to rethink my Rocky boycott and snag a box of these.
I may have to look for some of these; they sound like they're right up my alley.