Old 03-07-2019, 05:09 AM   #24
jonumberone
Raw Dog

First Name: Dom
Trading: (62)
RA
jonumberone has disabled reputation
Default Re: Another tragedy strikes CA

Spent the night with Mac and Kellie on my mind. I definitely cried a little, but I mostly laughed, which is a testament to the type of person Mac was.

He was one of the first people I really connected with here.
There is a B&M, that rolls their own cigars close by, and, surprise, Mac liked the maduros.
After finding out he was a fan, in true CA fashion, I packed up and sent my first bomb.
I included a nice little letter, and below my signature I wrote P.S. David Wright is gay.
He got a huge kick out of that, and it really was the catalyst to our friendship as it seemed to blossom from there.

Like many a newbie, I also received my first bomb from Mac, or as he called it, sMACk sauce. His generosity knew no limits, and he truly enjoyed sharing with other BOTLs.
One time while he was at my house, he found out that a new guy was coming over for his first herf. Mac sent the word out and organized the poor bastids destruction. The newb was gifted full boxes of cigars, a full travel humidor, and just 5er after 5er. So much stuff it left him looking like a deer in the headlights, and Mac had as much delight watching it go down as the guy on the receiving end.

There's so many things I'm going to miss about Mac. Our yearly call to each other right before the baseball season starts when he was full of hope for his Mets, and the follow up call 3 weeks later when they were mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.
The in season texts, his hatred of CCs, the doily, the "Maduro Whore" tag line, his colorblindness, his war stories, and his friendship.

Until we meet again, brother.