Thread: The Wine Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2011, 07:17 AM   #456
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: The Wine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGD. View Post
Few months ago I had a bottle of this at a friends house and, taste being subjective, thought it was an excellent drink. So got around to picking up a few bottles. If you can, might want to give it a go. From what I understand stock is pretty low now.

2006 Tomaiolo Morellino di Scansano (95 points)

Ron
How much were those selling for?

WS's last review was for 2004 and it was $14 a bottle. Tuscan wines (as are most Italian wines) really underpriced right now, so for sure it is wise to stock up.

Yesterday, I picked up a case and 3 extra bottles of 2007 Dezanni "La luna e le stelle" Barbera d'Asti at Costco. My local Costco has independent wine buyers who pick up a pallet of this-and-that, that sells out stupid quickly at rock bottom prices. I went to Costco to buy coffee beans and walked out with a case of wine! Packaged in wood too for $10 a bottle!

I had one bottle last night at a friend's house and everyone loved it. I have one more to try at my house and one bottle to put in the cellar (to keep me from opening the case) to evaluate its development.