View Single Post
Old 06-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #18
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Xikar repair question

Don't get me wrong, I was ultimately happy with Xikar's warranty service. I just didn't know what to expect, and being it took so long (which makes perfectly good sense in the case I mentioned) I was getting a bit nervous it got lost. When I found out it did, they did everything they could to try to find it. Problem is, nodody seemed to keep records of anything at all. Or they simply forwarded my cutter to the scrimshaw guy and didn't make note because in their eyes, it was a done deal on their end.
I mean, I get it. I was never mad, and they were clear that they'd take care of me no matter what. I agreed to wait a bit and see what happened.

I have tons of Xikar products, I love them. The mammoth cutter was the only thing I have ever had to send back, and that was because my bil dropped it and smashed the bone. Realistically, they shouldn't have even taken care of it, but they did. (I had explained what happened in a note and offered to pay for the repair.)

I've not found another outfit with a lineup so complete, and stuff so nice that I ever wanted to go another way. I just plain like the way Xikar rolls, and I love their products. As with anyone, they could do with a little improvement. Communication costs money and takes time. I suppose they figure they've already laid out how it's going to be before I bought the stuff, then again when I send it in for repair. If I can't trust them as far as their word, I could always go somewhere else. They've been true to their word, so I haven't needed to.