troutbreath
Feeling at Home

First Name: Mike
Trading: (0)
troutbreath is on a distinguished road
Default Re: My Humidor(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volusianator View Post
So you want to put cigar bands on top of your glass top humidor? Hmmmm. The down side is that you'd see all the backs of the bands and adhesive when you open your humidor, unless you put some Spanish Cedar under there as well.

Not that it couldn't be done, but to do this you'd need to have a lip that stands proud of the glass, which you should have. I used Mod Podge or whatever it's called to glue the bands down, you do need to act quick and be accurate as it dries pretty quick and makes the bands very moist and they tear easily. Once all the bands are in place, let the adhesive dry over night. The I used a two part epoxy called Mirror Coat made by System Three. It's pretty simple to use, the only caution I'd have is bubbles of air that will release into the epoxy from where the glass top sits in it's dado. The bubbles do pretty much self pop and be sure you have your humidor on a very level surface. You may use some of the Mod Podge glue to seal the area where the glass goes inside the lid, (does that make sense)?

If you want to tackle it, and have questions, just PM me.

I did these for myself as well for my travel humidors:

Wade

Those look really cool! I'm not sure I'm ready to cover the tops of my desktops . . . well, maybe one. But I could definitely do that on my travel boxes.
troutbreath is offline   Reply With Quote