View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 02:30 PM   #16
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: Attention Red Sox Fans

Don't you Sox fans realize why Yankee fans yank your chain, and tease you like the little brother on the playground? Simple - you let us. Here you are, getting all bent over Dent, and a game that ended over thirty years ago! And there's no good reason for it, save that you let it bother you. First off, it's just a game - win or lose, there's another one tomorrow, or the next day, next week, next month, next year. Secondly, The Curse has ended. Your team has their rings, you should be happy now. Hell, all you said for three generations was "Just once before I die." Well, you got your wish, and you still act like petulant kids who dropped their lollipops. Get over it. You wanna shut us up? Then the next time someone mentions Bucky, Buckner, Boone, or Boggs riding that horse around The Bronx, just smile and shrug and say "Yes, that one still hurts." That's OK, that's just fine. But as long as you don't act like winners, and still act like the little brother on the playground, you will get yanked by Yanks.

Hey, I'm not trying to be nasty here - I mean this sincerely, one BOTL to another. And I am sure that all I'll get for my effort from most of you is a hearty . But if even one of you stops and thinks, "You know, he may have a point here" then maybe we all can just sit back with a cold one and a stogie and enjoy the game. Take the word of a Yankee fan on this - it's a lot more fun that way.

The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote