View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 03:50 PM   #3239
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by emopunker2004 View Post
Brad D90>D200 for iq
YES, but short of carrying TWO D90s (which I can do, lol) you can't worry about IQ. Especially when
your D200 will mount any AI, AIS, AF, AF-D and AF-G lens in the bag, AND METER with them.
When I pull out a 1970s 85mm lens and start shooting away, the D200 has no reason to hang it's head in
shame, because the better images are coming from the D200 oftentimes. I just screwed up leaving my
ISO about pegged. MANYS the time I have come in here and told you and others about how I failed
to clear my head at the beginning of a shoot. HELL, my first 200 D90/50mm1.8 images were
WHITE, because I accidentally and inexplicably bump-moved the mode dial from A-priority to M and
wasn't checking in on the LCD often enough. Luckily her set was only half over, but I got some
STUNNING shots of this hot lil monkey and they were ALL blown out white. I finally chimped the pics
and saw what I had done and set everything up right. And I had lots of time to re-cap a lot of that
stuff. Sadly though, everything looked normal on the D200 LCD and I didn't see my huge error or even
think about it til I got home. I threw some Photoshop noise reduction on it, busted it with some curves,
and am not angry about it anymore. But I was furious Satuday night.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote