View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 07:12 PM   #1
sodomanaz

Cool Thinking of joining the ARMY, what do you think?

I'm graduating from UW-Madison, and have a great GPA. I have received a lot of interest from the big ag companies, even getting offers for 2 year post-grad internships from the big 3... but those require relocation and no real commitment from the company (basically, cutbacks = I'm first gone).

My dad was 25 years ARMY. I've always thought about it, but never really put much into the idea until now. Doing something I will be forever proud of, plus continuing in my father's footsteps is a plus. Getting my $30K+ in student loans paid off is also a big plus as well.

I have talked to friends who have come back from Iraq as well as my dad, but not to a recruiter yet... I have to go back to Indonesia this summer, and want to commit after I get back.

Guess I'm just gauging opinion. If you are in the ARMY now, especially if you went through OCS, I would love to hear from you. Normal enlistment too.

Thanks guys. I know there is a lot of military here, and figured this is a great place to get some information!