View Single Post
Old 10-16-2008, 02:33 PM   #3
Raralith
Death to the Unbelievers

Trading: (24)
Bolivar
Raralith is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Putting together a Cooler or Coolerador

I just made mine and the most important thing is that you need spanish cedar inside. It's pretty simple to get too! While some people go out and buy planks to glue or double sided tape to the walls of the cooler, you can also go to your lcoal B&M and purchase empty boxes. I, personally, went to my local B&M and the owner sold me 8 for $1 each. The best boxes are the big Fuente boxes because you can break them apart and remove the paper covering them, get some good double sided tape and tape it to the cooler walls. Than go with long boxes for your churchills and such, and medium size slide top boxes for your robustos.

Also, for seasoning the cedar boxes, just get a spray bottle, fill it with distilled water, spray the boxes and leave it in the coolidor along with beads for a day.

If you want to make cedar shelves, you can purchase cedar planks from numerous places. Southern California has "Rockler" stores which sell them in various sizes. Just measure out your coolidor, measure the wood twice, cut once, and glue.
Raralith is offline   Reply With Quote