View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 10:45 AM   #20
neoflex
I'm nuts for the place

First Name: John
Trading: (32)
RA
neoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really niceneoflex is just really nice
Default Re: People never cease to amaze me

Just goes to show most people nowadays are only concerned about themselves. I say this to my wife all the time as it pisses me off. No one has any concern or regard for others unless it will impact them directly. Perfect example is a neighbor of mine had their house broken into about a month ago. Two neighbors work from home and two others are retired. The neighbor whose house was broken into came over and asked if I saw anything. I wasn't home all day so of course I couldn't be of any help but told her I would keep my eyes and ears open and let her know if I hear anything that could be of help. The one neighbor who works from home and lives directly across the street said he noticed a green SUV parked in the driveway and the people driving it looked suspicious. Nice! So it looked suspicious but yet you chose to do nothing about it. I haven't said two words to him since. Not even the neighborly "Hello." Nice to know he could give to sh*ts while his neighbors house gets robbed. Hell don't even go over there at least call the cops as response times in my neighborhood tend to be fairly quick. Worse case scenario is the cops show up and find out they are doing nothing wrong.
There is a home that recently went into foreclosure on the other side of my neighborhood. One day I noticed two guys going through the side window while driving by so I pulled over a couple houses away and called the Police. They showed up and it turns out they were there to do work on the house for the real estate company that just bought the house and they must not of had a key. Sad thing is I saw about a dozen cars drive by while they were doing this and it was in broad daylight in plain sight. After the cop showed up I walked over to talk to him and jokingly said, "Man, how many reports did you guys get for this one." His response was, "Just the one, why was it you who called?" I was amazed but not surprised. Hell I lost faith in my neighbors last year when I participated in a split for Tat Noella Reservas and my mailman delivered the package to one of my neighbors houses by accident but the idiot couldn't remember which one but distinctively remembered delivering a Priority box on my block the day the DC showed delivered. Apparently whoever got it must have been curious to what was in the box and opened it to find a treat and decided to keep rather than walk it over as it it never turned up. After that incident I kind of wrote most of my neighbors off even though it's not fair to judge them all on one persons actions but most of my neighbors except for a handful are douchy anyway. My wife and I love our house but actually can't wait until the housing market improves to sell and move. It's sad when I would rather hang out with some of my buddies neighbors than my own.