Thread: The Wine Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 12:34 PM   #478
TheRiddick
Non-believer

First Name: Greg
Trading: (7)
TheRiddick will become famous soon enoughTheRiddick will become famous soon enough
Default Re: The Wine Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mosesbotbol View Post
Once the serious part of a wine tasting is done, start pounding them back! It’s not a wine event unless there’s at least 1.5 bottles per person. I like to keep port wine events to at least 1 bottle per person.

Keep the thimbles for sewing!
Moses, this is funny. About 2 years ago, one in the group, fit 6"6 frame and all, winemaker as well, was screaming at the rest of us for having way too many bottles to taste through and hw he just has hard time keeping up with the rest of us Have no idea why one needs to spend 5 mins on a wine, but... That night was roughly 3+ bottles per taster (IIRC, I brought 5 just myself). And yes, once we score and reveal wines (all blind and double blind, never open), as you can imagine most bottles are "emptied". Unless they suck...

We try to "adjust" since, but we never have less than 2+ per person and this on top of other wines we open before we proceed to the official part of the tasting, easy whites and sparklers to calibrate and cleanse the palate. And plenty of food, of course, before, during and after...
TheRiddick is offline   Reply With Quote