Juan of 11

First Name: Dave
Trading: (8)
RA
Da Klugs has disabled reputation
Default Re: The journey from 260 to....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan in Mexico View Post
Thanks for sharing - as many have said it is motivating and makes me proud to see your results. What it makes me realize is that I need to up the cardio and push-ups to get down to 240 on my way to 220.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yup.... and radical reductions in calories. Gotta do it all or it just doesnt work, at least for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippiebrian View Post
Congrats! I've been on a slow weight loss ride since the heart attack a couple years ago. Not quite as good at it as you have been, but have dropped 50 lbs slowly just replacing driving with riding my bike.

Keep it up, man, I see good things!
Good on ya! Slow is much better way to go than the crash progarm I have been on. It's hard and hard on you. My experience with this has led me to lifestyle changes regarding eating and exercise that I hope will stick with me when the drive to lose is finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snkbyt View Post
congratz Dave, great job.........wish I could walk, but my injuries make to hard to exercise.....but I try to watch what I eat, was 198 when I returned from Afghanistan and went up to a high of 231 now down to 224 and holding

will see the new you in 21 days
There are infinite ways to exercise that can help. Just tightening your butt muscles a few hundred times a day burns significant calories. 12 pound hand weights. Leg lifts, etc. It comes down to choices. If you choose to do what you can to achieve a goal and actually stick with doing those things consistently over a long enough period, it will happen.

Hit it hard last night with the usual routine plus swam with Jane for a half hour. Got back to 200.1 this morning after doing a morning trip on the Airdyne for the first time. Maybe going to 2 a days is what I need to get to the end point of this.