View Single Post
Old 10-28-2008, 07:39 AM   #15
theycallmedan'lboone

Default Re: Have You Ever Made A Decision..

There was this redhead one time in Italy.... her name was Mary. She was so incredibly beautiful, hot, gorgeous, athletic, and a redhead. I was absolutely madly passionately in love with her, but never could explain it to her. I was a young kid and didn't want to screw it up. We met while playing for the base soccer teams. We went down to a soccer tournament in camp Darby, 9 days. for 9 days we hung out, and we got closer and closer. One of the last evenings at the tournament we sat out on a bench and talked for 3 and a half hours, eventually it got a little cold, I held her close to keep her warm. She said to me "you're such a good friend, I hope I get to keep you." Time passed we remained friends, hung out all the time, One night I stayed at her house in her bed, with her, but was too afraid to make a move other than the friend hug. Too scared that she might destroy me with the "just friends" I didn't sleep a wink. We ran into each other on the streets of Rome with our respective families, laughed at the randomness of the moment. We met again that night (planned) for a pub crawl, and danced and drank the night away. The Kenny Chesney song "anything but mine" had just come out, odd her name was mary too, I sang her that on as we stumbled to her hotel, were I left her at the door, and for the first time she kissed me, drunkenly on the cheek. A few months later I had PCS'd and we lost touch, never having crossed the boundry of friends. Time passed, YEARS passed, I'm older and wiser as is she. Thanks to the miracle called "facebook" we actually started talking again, and being older and thousands of miles away from each other I figured hell I'll tell her how I felt and see what she says... She always wondered why I never made the move, and how much she wanted me to make the move, but she was such a young kid, and didn't want to get her feelings hurt if I just wanted to be friends... !!! Looking back, I don't think much would have ever come of it, as young love tends to always flame the fastest, and the hottest, but dies down the coolest. She has changed now, as have I, and honestly we probably wouldn't even date each other if we met now. I couldn't be happier than I am now with my Fiance, and beautiful friend Amy. I love her more than anything else in this world. But looking back, knowing the good times that could have been had, I wish I had, but then knowing where I wound up, with the love of my life, who cares? I'd have done a lot of things different... but then I wouldn't want to change a thing. chew on that last line