Thread: Dominican Puros
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 09:39 AM   #16
hammondc
Moar Padrons!

First Name: Chip
Trading: (17)
Partagas
hammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura abouthammondc has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Dominican Puros

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSmoke View Post
I do not have Davidoff cigars normally available where I am - and when I have found them, their pricing is normally very prohibitive...but maybe I will have to look for them.
From my research, the Davidoff Dominicana is not a Dominican puro for the binder is Ecuadorian. Am I incorrect?

As for the La Aurora, I guess I heard something like that, but I had passed on La Aurora as a line I was not 100% pleased with after a couple disappointing experiences. So, I may have to find some.

Chogui are out of my price range, unless something has changed.

I guess i will need to try the Caldwells again. I had a couple of the The King Is Dead, and have the remnant of a box of Manzanitas in my coolerdor. Now that I know they are a Dominican puro, I will have to go and retry them. I know I like them, and they were a very unique flavor to me, but it never struck me that their pedigree was that.

Peace of the Lord be with you.

Davidoff Puro Dominicana is a puro. it was a Ltd Edition around 2010. The regular Dominicana does have an Ecuador binder. There was also a Puro D'oro that was a Ltd.

Agree on La Aurora. Nothing they ever made did much for me.

Chogui is back and readily accessible for $10ish. I have a couple of the original issue left. Have not bought any of the new ones yet......mainly because I absolutely HATE the band. It looks like a 711 gas station cigar now. Even so, I will probably pick some up to try.

As for Caldwell...If you don't love them and want to offload them, let me know. Caldwell is hitting on all cylinders these days. I could very easily smoke 50% Caldwell and 50% Crowned Heads and never buy anything else. Robert Caldwell and Jon Huber are just so damn good at it. Both can be had for a fiver at cigarpage.
hammondc is offline   Reply With Quote