Thread: Dominican Puros
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 12:10 PM   #15
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Dominican Puros

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Davidoff has made two, the special 53 and dominicana. La Aurora has the 100 anos line. The non cuban cohibas have a dominican puro in the roster. Chogui is back. Aren't many but a few floating out there.
I do not have Davidoff cigars normally available where I am - and when I have found them, their pricing is normally very prohibitive...but maybe I will have to look for them.
From my research, the Davidoff Dominicana is not a Dominican puro for the binder is Ecuadorian. Am I incorrect?

As for the La Aurora, I guess I heard something like that, but I had passed on La Aurora as a line I was not 100% pleased with after a couple disappointing experiences. So, I may have to find some.

Chogui are out of my price range, unless something has changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammondc View Post
Those LG Small Batch were ripping good, but V V Strong for Dominican. To me, the Caldwell is the benchmark and similar to what I am looking for.

I am going to DR in January and will be on the lookout for local rolls.
I guess i will need to try the Caldwells again. I had a couple of the The King Is Dead, and have the remnant of a box of Manzanitas in my coolerdor. Now that I know they are a Dominican puro, I will have to go and retry them. I know I like them, and they were a very unique flavor to me, but it never struck me that their pedigree was that.

Peace of the Lord be with you.