Old 03-04-2015, 01:23 PM   #20
Sadden
Its only money...

First Name: Colin
Trading: (0)
Cohiba
Sadden will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Aristocrat Sealing Issues

So I finally got around to calling Bob today. as always his customer service is second to none. I showed him the picture here.

He is sending me some triangular foam to fit to the inside edge of the humidor , that will get it sealed up for when I take off in April to go get married.

He really wants to just up and build me a whole new door. I'm still on the fence about it. as this would make door #3 , and the first two didn't fare too well (the second significantly better than the first though). I just don't want Bob to go through the time , energy , money and materials to build me a new door , when I am afraid it will do the same thing as the first two.

With that said Bob is very insistent , and quote "I would not be able to sleep well if I knew that one of my humidors out there was not performing as it should. Plus I like a challenge and want to make it right for you"

As always his customer service is second to none. For which I am extremely grateful.

Short Term I will seal it up with some additional foam , and longterm Bobs going to work on a new door for me. I would hazard a guess that he will have it done about the time I am sitting on the beach in Jamaica , smoking cigars and drinking cocktails. We will see as we approach the end of the month though. I will probably have him hold onto it until I get back from the honeymoon. He wants to test it out on one of the units they have there for a few weeks first though anyways.