View Single Post
Old 03-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #3
mkarnold1
Skol Vikings!

First Name: Mark
Trading: (22)
RA Army (Served With Honor)
mkarnold1 will become famous soon enoughmkarnold1 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Tatuaje La Casita Criolla Corona (picture heavy)

Middle Third
As the middle third got cooking, there was a small amount of sweetness that found it's was into the flavor of the stick. At this point it is very smooth, almost creamy with a caramel? leathery tobacco flavor. This is a very flavorful and rather complex cigar. I was enjoying it very much at this point. The ash stayed for about 1.5" and was light grey and firm. The burn wandered a bit but a fiery correction was unnecessary. There was still quite a bit of smoke at this point.

Final Third
As I was getting into the last part of this smoke it started to get a little tight in the draw department. I pushed my trusty corn cob holder nub tool into the end and the draw opened back to a delightful finish on this. I was thinking that it would be nice to a have a little pepper come back into the picture, and this stick seemed to read my mind. The caramel and leather flavors remained and were joined by a little bit of a spicy finish. It was giving off copious amounts of smoke at this point.

I smoked this one down to the nub, as you can see. I am not going to attempt a numerical rating, but I think it's fairly obvious where I sit on this opinion wise. I see many more of these in my smoking future!