Thread: Need to vent..
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2016, 07:43 AM   #12
Steve
Dad Jokester Supreme

First Name: Steve
Trading: (6)
HdM
Steve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud ofSteve has much to be proud of
Default Re: Need to vent..

And no, it's really not your fault. As consumers we shouldn't HAVE to know the system inside and out. Unfortunately, the reality is that if we do not keep up with our own business, chances are something will slip through the cracks. Lord know, I know a heck of a lot more about breast cancer now than I ever, ever wanted to know. But, even with good doctor's there have been times I have had to step in and say "hey, wait a minute..."

SMH...

Quote:
Originally Posted by omahaorange View Post
Unfortunately, you should have checked the policy before the emergency occurred. You can lay this squarely on the hospital. It's not the doctor or the insurance company. For whatever reason (usually the hospital doesn't like the amount of reimbursement) that hospital opted not to accept the insurance. Happened to me a couple years ago. Company switched plans. My doctor accepted the insurance, but the hospital he uses did not.

Double check with the insurance carrier. They may reimburse to you some percentage of the bill for using an out of network provider.