Thread: CC's or NC's?
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2012, 07:33 AM   #74
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CC's or NC's?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill86 View Post
I would say a full bodied CC is maybe a medium to medium full bodied NC. As far as I know there are no FFP/Pork Tenderloin/Liga Privada FULL FULL bodied CC's. I could be wrong and If I am there are VERY few.

In general strength is not something CC's go for. Flavor however is.
The only full-bodied, full strength cc I've ever had is a big Por Larranaga hogleg that Klugs asked me to try at the last Shack. I think that's what it was, if I remember correctly. I asked him twice and he told me what it was, exactly, and I forget again.
I was thinking it was an old Belicosos Finos, but it's not. at any rate, it was INCREDIBLY good.

I also think you hit the nail on the head, Bill. I can't imagine any reason that there can't be full-bodied, strong cc's. The money is in what they're doing. I would guess that the trend toward larger rings will also begin a trend toward fuller body/strength. Probably in LE's, that'd be a good place to do it.