View Single Post
Old 05-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #3782
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClean View Post
I read the same thing about ink usage. A lot of the info said it depends on what type of paper you're using, how often you print and a few other factors. Most of the 'pro' reviewers seemed to think it was in line with other quality printers as far as ink usage. The Pro-1 is better, but it's also $400 more and by 'better' I think it's because it has much larger ink tanks and you get a better price per ml. The Pro-10 has 14ml cartridges which works out to less than a $1 per ml. Which is less than half the cost of our HP Photostylus printer.
haha, Jeff you got lost in the shuffle. I was torn on those printers. In the end I could not calculate my way through
where the deal was. Pay way more for the privilege of using bigger and more expensive ink tanks? I have a feeling
that Canon has this calculated down to the last dollar and its about the same. The only likely difference is if you are
a environmentalist and you don't like replacing ink tanks made of plastic all the time. Personally I would love hoses
and 5 gallon buckets of ink. Then I would be satisfied. But one area where I AM REALLY SATISFIED IS ADORAMA!
No I am kidding, one area I am really satisfied in is the quality of the prints. When I bought my Pixma 6520, it was
listed as an office printer. They did not even take the glaring opportunity to work the word photo in there.
But it works well. I BET yours works BETTER, more types of ink usually combine for the better product.
But my printer was $139 and the ink is $40 for 4 tanks and one large text-type vat-o-ink that runs out slower
and costs a bit more. And still I holler. But I am glad we worked our way out of the era of the "all in one cartridge"
Talk about rape.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote